Monday, May 9, 2011

Motivational Monday

“Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.” ~Lou Erickson

I read once that gardening is one of the best all over workouts ever. I live in Florida. You would think I would be outside year round toiling in the garden. I wish I was the kind of person who gardens. I love flowers. I love fresh vegetables. I love watching things grow. It would seem natural. I do not however… love the THINGS out there. We have THINGS outside in Florida.

We have mosquitoes the size of small birds. That is the family joke you know. The state bird of Florida is actually the mosquito. We also have poisonous snakes. They have been several times in the yard.

So that might be something to work on this year. Learning to deal with the things… learning to love the outside. Well… I DO love the outside. I just love the outside near the coast. I grew up on an island… a five minute drive from the bay. It’s an adjustment.

Besides… if I needed another reason to take up gardening…

0 comments:

Post a Comment