Saturday, July 3, 2010

Working out

Thursday I forgot to write about our workout at the gym! It was a running day, but my knees were hurting and I decided not to push it. Today is another running day so when I go to the Y I will be implementing my new C25K workout and see how it goes.

So while at the Y I did 30 minutes on the eliptical, about 10 minutes on the treadmill and the yellow curcuit. (strength training) In total, I burned about 330-350 calories. We forgot our little notepad so I couldn't record all of the details. I'm excited. My consistency excites me. I'm working towards being able to do a 5k on the elliptical.

I really never thought I would get to the point where it was fun. The running is still really really hard. I do manage to feel powerful afterwords though. But the elliptical is just FUN. I listen to my book on mp3 and just sweat. I use the weight loss setting on the elliptical and it gives me periods of high and low intensity. I am huffing and puffing through them, but having a great time.

I am expecting a good workout today as we'll be doing about an hour and a half instead of about 45 minutes. Ugh.. then I have to go to Sams Club...

0 comments:

Post a Comment