Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Well hello there Y

After a hiatus that went on for far too long, I got my butt back to the Y today. It was CROWDED. At our Y, they ask that during peek hours (4-7) that you limit yourself to 30 minutes at a time on any of the cardio machines as they are very popular. So I put my headset on and cranked up a little Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I set my machine for interval training and off I went. I did 30 minutes at a 10/8 -4/1 interval on the elliptical. I am so prpud of myself.

The last few days my body has been hurting because I went grocery shopping. Yeah... I let things get so out of hand that walking around the grocery store made me ache like I had worked out all weekend. NO MORE OF THAT. I am so proud of myself. The machine says I burned about 359 calories. It's going to be amazing to be using the bodybugg and actually get to know for certain.

Now. Next thing to learn. Bring healthy snacks to the Y. I got very hungry almost he moment we arrived, and by the time we left hubby was too hungry to make it home. So we stopped. I was pretty good. I opted away from some of the super high fat items, although I did have french fries with lunch... but next time I would rather not stop. :)

Anyway, it was a great day. I didn't see a zombie in sight. Wow..

0 comments:

Post a Comment