Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Track Goals Tuesday

Hello Again! It is day two of my unveiling my new structure. On Tuesdays I plan to re-evaluate my goals. I'll be able to determine which ones are working for me, which ones aren't and set new goals. I keep reading about setting goals and that it is important to revisit them frequently. I haven't been very good at this. Normally, I spend a great deal of time thinking up my goals and even get to the step of writing them down, but that's it. I don't tend to revisit them, and as such they fade from my mind.

So I know you're all just dying to know my goals for this week.
1st Blog at least once each day
2nd Increase walking to 3 miles for the week.
3rd Begin moving

I think I will start with those three.

MindTools.com has this to say about goal setting...

"Many people feel as if they're adrift in the world. They work hard, but they don't seem to get anywhere worthwhile.

A key reason that they feel this way is that they haven't spent enough time thinking about what they want from life, and haven't set themselves formal goals. After all, would you set out on a major journey with no real idea of your destination? Probably not!"



I can relate to this. I know from personal experience that I need a plan. I just don't function well without one. If I am trying to get something done, I need to know how and when I plan to do it. Well aren't goals the same thing? I think I have been treating my goals like destinations... "I want to loose 100lbs" or "I want to run my first 5k" They are good goals, but very lofty. We could determine these to be long term goals. But the short term goals are more like a plan of action. I find I am much more comfortable with this. Now the hard part, as it always is with me, is to get moving on them and not get stuck in the planning phase.

That's it for me right now. I'm going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment