Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Repost With a Good Message

From fatgirlvsworld.blogspot.com

Some great quotes from Jewel in the July 2010 Shape Magazine cover story:
On being called "the chubby Renee Zellweger" in the media years ago:

"My feelings were so hurt by that story, I ended up bingeing on an entire cake. Afterward, I actually tried to throw it all up, but thankfully I couldn't do it. It made me think, 'I can't go down this road.' I had seen so many performers develop eating disorders or try to control their weight with drugs, and I decided I would do no harm to my body."

Her advice to women:
"We should be more like men, God bless 'em. They can take their shirts off and show their man boobs, and they don't give a hoot. But women are so critical of themselves. We can be gorgeous and hot and still be embarrassed to wear a tank top. So if you can't stop looking in the mirror, at least try to not think badly about yourself when you do."

So let's all promise two things to ourselves today...
1. I will do no harm to my body.
2. I will not think badly about myself when I look in the mirror.

I'd love to see you all repost/link this to your blogs and/or to send me a comment that you'll do the same.

Let us rise up and be thankful,

for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn't die;
so let us all be thankful. ~ Buddha

3 comments:

Fat Girl vs. World said...

Are you taking the pledge?

ThingsTreasured said...

Naturally! Though honestly, I try very hard to do this every day. :)

Fat Girl vs. World said...

Good woman!

Post a Comment