Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A quote

A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse.
~ Stephan Dolley Jr.

I think I've been truly coming to terms with this lately. I've come to realize that so may of the 'reasons' I've been saying I can't do something, are actually excuses. It really hit home when I ran my first day of c25k. I thought I was too big and too out of shape to do it. I thought my legs weren't strong enough or I didn't have the right clothing to do it. I wanted it so badly that I did it anyway.

I've been finding a few excuses over the last few days to not go run. I even had one or two reasons tossed in there. I want this so badly though, that I'll find a way today. Today I will run. Today I will do another day and I will get stronger and better and faster.

I am working towards Monday when I hope to see results on the scale. I know that once I complete what I set out to do, I'll already feel results inside myself.

But you know, it's still nice to see it on the scale. ;)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is truly amazing just how dibilitating the words, "I can't" really are. Makes me wonder just how much, "We could," if we only let ourselves...

Post a Comment