Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

"I have always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I have to be more specific."

- Lily Tomlin, actress

Do you mean to tell me that simply stating that I want to not end up as Zombie food isn't enough? Get more specific ey?

There is a good message there. Setting goals is important. We all need things to work towards, but being specific is important too. I tend to avoid this. I somehow feel like if I am too specific with what I want, that I will automatically fail at accomplishing it. I think it's just a fear thing. As badly as I want these healthy changes, there is definitely some fear involved. I haven't quite figured out what, or exactly what I am afraid of yet either. The major one is failing.

What if I can't do this. But I'm already not doing it, so what is there to be afraid of. It can only get better.

But in this post I want to talk about goals again. In the past I have had a hard time with following through on the goals I set. I also have had a problem with setting specific goals for myself. I also have had a problem accepting that fact, that not attaining 100% everyday does not equal success. That is a big one.

So some goals for me.. specific ones....
Lose 1lb a week.
Blog 1x a day
Drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day
10 minutes of exercising (1x a day) 3x a week

I am starting with those. I know the list of goals will grow and change. As I begin to build good habits I already have the next set of goals formulating in my head. But I am so afraid of trying to do too much and make myself burn out on doing any of it. This is my year, and I need to do this for myself.

3 comments:

Life as a Caterpillar said...

I am writing a blog post today on this very subject!!

I know how you feel!!

xx
lesley

Sandi said...

Try this: Instead of saying to yourself "Today I will" or "This week I will"
Say: "Today I AM drinking all of my water" "I AM blogging today"

Phrasing is as something you ARE doing instead of something you will do (and therefor can easily put off for later, or just forget about) might help keep you in action!

I am doing this as well.

=)

KyokoCake said...

Fabulous goals...I like them. I know you will be able to reach them!

Post a Comment