Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14 Dieting Scars

This quote if from an article I read entitled Dieting Scars

"
Self-love is the only weight-loss aid that really works in the long run.

- Jenny Craig, diet guru
"

The article talked about the need to to honor and take care of ones body. It talked about trying to find out what is the root of eating. It is hunger? Boredom? Depression? Fear of Rejection?

I'm not going to get into all of the details of it because it didn't all resonate with me. But I do identify with the idea that this is my temple and I need to treat it properly. I have not been. I haven't really been enforcing very much self control. My best friend suggested that I really take a look at what I have been eating before I decide if stress is really to blame. Well low and behold, I am crazy stressed out and do you know what that makes me eat?

Fats and Sugars. BIG SURPRISE.

SO yeah, no wonder the weight isn't coming off. Eating too many calories and having too many of them come from fats and sugars. I realize this is going be tough. I realize that I need to work on a little bit of tough love with myself. I think it will help. I know it will help.

My zombies are always just in my rear view mirror. If I let them catch up, they will. For some reason, its always harder to pull away from them than it is to maintain momentum and distance. So I need to stop letting myself slide backwards. I absolutely know I can do this. I know I can. So do you hear me self? A little self discipline would be beneficial... it's okay. We're worth it.

2 comments:

Sandelightful said...

Want Power.
And not just wanting to escape the zombies, but wanting to be more badass awesome hot than Mila!
Wanting to get so far ahead of those zombies that you leave them in the dust, so far ahead that should you glance back, they are specks in the distance.

Yup. You can do this! Because you want to. And, don't you always get what you want, one way or another? ;)

Fat Girl vs. World said...

I agree. Masturbation is integral to losing weight.

Post a Comment