Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

I read this quote:

"It's bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children's health than the pediatrician. "

- Meryl Streep, actress

It speaks volumes about the benefit of healthy eating. I also think it really points out the fact that good eating behaviors begin when we're young. I can't blame my poor health on my youth. I know that I didn't learn to eat the proper proportions. I was eating WAY TOO MUCH. But in all honesty, I don't remember WHAT I was eating.

I know that now I eat a much larger variety of food. While some of it is worse nutritionally, I'm sure that what I used to eat, most of it is probably much much better. I've introduced a whole host of new vegetables and how to prepare them to my parents. I've also come to understand the importance of whole grains and protein. Why then, am I the heaviest I have been in my life? (Well close to it anyway)

Because I am lazy. I don't like to get up and move. I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle. Now here is the bizarre part to this. When I am up and moving and going to the Y consistently and walking the track (3 miles every couple of days) I feel great.

I lack consistency I think.

I'll work on that.

The zombies are very good at being consistent.... ::shhuuuuuffffflllllleeeee:: Braaaaaaiinnnnns...

1 comments:

Sandelightful said...

Expanding your foods, learning about food, and introducing new healthy foods to others is a great accomplishment!

Post a Comment